Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent company, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals. We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community.
What you can expect from us:
- Training: Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- Working pattern: Flexible, office & home
- Location: Superb, open-plan, modern office, right next to Brighton station and regular home working opportunities
- Work/Life Balance: 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunities
- Wellness & Wellbeing: We take our teams health seriously, activities, coaching, and socials are routine to us.
The 2nd line team play a key role within the Service Centre. Working on complex issues and troubleshooting incidents for our customer base you will be expected to be a proactive team player, managing support cases through to a quick resolution whilst ensuring the cases are accurately recorded and are within the agreed customer SLA’s.
You will be assigned lead role duties for specific customers as you embed yourself within the team. Working as a subject matter expert for that particular customer, you will be responsible for ensuring their environment is maintained to a high performing level and new technologies are adopted where appropriate.
What you’ll be doing
- Complex Incident Resolution: Investigating and resolving complex technical issues on the customer’s Network and IT estates using agreed troubleshooting methodologies
- Problem Management: Working with vendors and customers to resolve problems or adopt an agreed workaround solution to customer’s issues
- Internal Project work: Supporting and taking ownership of ad-hoc projects to develop the capabilities within the Ideal Service Centre
- Knowledge Share & Team Mentoring: Supporting the wider team with knowledge share and personal mentoring, via knowledge base communications (emails, how-to guides etc.), 121’s and contribution at team meetings
- Lead Engineering Duties: Plan and execute in depth technical customer assessments including vulnerability, best practice and hardening leading to customer environmental stability and security. Consulting with customers to determine and produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards
- Tactical & Strategic Customer Planning: Developing and delivering tactical and strategic plans for the wider Managed Service Customer base. Working with the customer base to scope, plan and implement effective solutions to remain up to date in the market
- Staying abreast of industry trends and technology and ensuring you have sufficient technical knowledge to meet technical requirements, support the company’s accreditation requirements and share knowledge within the team across Service delivery and transition
A good fit for this role will:
- Successfully deliver Services in line with the customer’s contractual obligations and, where possible, above and beyond customer expectations
- Maintain/achieve certifications as required for company accreditations
- Ensure the team remains abreast of technical innovations, industry standards and horizon events
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience within an MSP environment supporting customer solutions
- Service Centre operational process, procedures and governance knowledge
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience of Routing, Switching & Security architecture and design frameworks
- Experience managing and troubleshooting network switches, routers and firewalls (notably Cisco & Palo Alto) – covering upgrades/patching, monitoring, backups, hardware replacement, feature set configuration (eg. ISE, Global Protect).
- Results driven and ability to self-manage
- Questioning approach and use of own initiative
- Accurate and detail orientated with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise to meet key deadlines and work across the broader team
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deployment services environment.
- Passion for resolving technical issues, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve results within agreed time frames.
- Full UK driving licence
- CCNP R&S, PCNSE, CISSP or similar certifications would be beneficial
Key Technologies, Vendors & Experience
- Palo Alto
How to apply
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes on to email@example.com or to Ideal employees. Ideal will not accept responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.