Ideal is an inspiring place to work where we help customers transform: We create value, accelerate change and mitigate risk in customer’s organisations. We design, implement and support innovative IT solutions across Cloud, Security, Networks, Data Centres & Collaboration. We are an independent company, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers.
We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We believe in empowering our people and enabling them to work in an environment that is best suited to them, whether that be remote, within our Brighton office or a combination of the two. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their goals; both personal and career focused. We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community.
The Project Manager role is an integral and senior member of the Cloud & Collaboration team, while working cross-functionally as required and plays a key role in the planning, management, coordination and financial control of projects, across the entire Ideal technology portfolio.
As well as accountability for successful project delivery, the role also supports pre-sales for project opportunities, ensuring a quality delivery across time, cost and scope, and supports team utilisation and resourcing activities, helping to ensure the overall success and profitability of the Business Unit.
What you'll be doing
- Maintaining organisation effectiveness by efficiently defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for multiple projects, collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting the Business Unit Director in reporting, management and exception resolution across the Ideal programme of works
- Facilitating the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables, plans and risks
- Supporting resource and scheduling management to ensure timely delivery of projects and effective utilisation
- Determining the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated, ensuring appropriate customer and management reporting during delivery and on completion.
- Supporting Pre-Sales during the definition, planning and estimation of project sales opportunities
- Facilitating new product development, through planning and co-ordination of product delivery teams
- Compiling and manage project documentation throughout project delivery
- Managing exceptions and disputes in a professional and effective manner
- Providing exceptional customer service
A good fit for this role will
- Ensure project delivery is within scope, on time, within budget and in line with project quality standards
- Successfully deliver business objectives
- Meet customer satisfaction targets
- Focus on Exception Management (frequency and mitigation management)
- Enable timely and accurate project reporting
Skills & experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT project management
- Ability to manage numerous related or unrelated projects and manage delivery and reporting as a Programme of works when required
- Ability to identify, define and implement business improvement initiatives relating to the delivery PMO services
- Experience in people management with the ability to drive results and delegate
- Experience in strategic planning
- Experience in change and risk management
- Experience of applying best practice frameworks and methods such as ITIL and ISO standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- Pro-active attitude to continuous service improvement and results orientated
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to understand customers’ environment & business needs
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills in English
- Agile, APM or other recognised Project Management certification desirable
- UK driving licence
What you can expect from us
- Flexible & remote working
- A competitive benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Extensive training & development opportunities with paid study leave
- Community focused groups such as our in-house Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Team and Culture Club
How to apply
To apply email email@example.com with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes on to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Ideal employees. Ideal will not accept responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.