Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent SME, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
Full training will be offered both internally and with Ideal’s partnership with GBMet. The candidate will be enrolled into their apprenticeship scheme to gain level 2 & 3 of a Business and Administration.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals.
What you can expect from us
- Training: Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- Location: Superb, open plan office, right next to Brighton station
- Work/Life Balance: 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunties
- Wellness: free fruit, weekly running club, office yoga, board-games... Plus more!
What you'll be doing
- Providing administrative support to the Sales Account Directors, including preparing and issuing quotes, assisting with bid preparations, drafting proposals, coordinating deliveries, processing returns and replacements, following up on quotes.
- Processing customer purchase orders, liaising with suppliers as required to determine the stock availability, and negotiating best price ensuring effective use of current promotions
- Passing all relevant information about orders to the Finance team and effectively communicating with other teams within the business in a timely manner.
- Participating in training and development opportunities, ensuring sufficient technical knowledge to perform role
- Operating in compliance with legal requirements and other regulations including health and safety
- Assisting with continuous improvement of systems, controls and working practises
- Providing cover for other Sales Support Assistants during periods of absence
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
- Providing excellent customer service, fielding customer calls and e-mails and responding appropriately.
Key Performance Measures
- Personal Activity targets and objectives are achieved and ideally exceeded.
- Ensuring all quotes are sent to customers on the same day
- Ensuring all purchase orders are placed in a timely manner to ensure next day delivery to customer
- Data on the internal CRM system is complete, correct, accurate and relevant
- Product knowledge is developed and applied to calls and all other means of contact with customers and prospects
What we need from you
- Be determined, with an outgoing attitude and commercial acumen
- Have effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to proactively build and develop collaborative working relationships
- Show confidence, be approachable and a have professional manner
- Display resilience and a drive to deliver results
- Demonstrate good organisational skills with the ability to work under own initiative and with colleagues to achieve goals to deadline
- Have a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.