Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent business, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals. We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community.
What you can expect from Us
- Training: Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- Location: Superb, open-plan, modern office, right next to Brighton station and regular homeworking opportunities
- Work/Life Balance: 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunities
- Wellness: We take our teams health seriously, activities, coaching, and socials are routine to us.
As a Security Architect, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership, design, consultancy and product sales support to our customers and internal technical and sales teams.
You will help shape the onward direction of Solutions at Ideal by ensuring a strong and constantly developing range of profitable and repeatable solutions, and be a key contributor to future pipeline growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Advising customers on the appropriate security architecture, describing current and target operating models and consulting on best migration paths
- Creating and owning high-level design of customer specific solutions, aligning technical solutions to security policy or best practice
- Providing pre-sales support, development and presentation of proposals
- Providing consultancy to our customers in a pre- and post-sales capacity on security controls and security design
- Responsible for a developing our security portfolio. Understanding the strategic importance of security in a cloud and multi-access world and how security supports and enables modern ways of working.
- Supporting the wider Ideal solution portfolio, ensuring security is in tergal to our cloud and networking offerings.
- Owning the strategic direction of product sets and solution development
- Identifying, researching, evaluating, recommending and developing new technologies
- Developing end to end services and solutions based on products within their area of specialisation and cross-architecture
- Developing business and technical analysis in customer engagements
- Providing sales enablement to internal teams at Ideal
Key technologies & VendorsCore:
- In depth cyber security knowledge, with strong cloud and/or network security background
- In depth knowledge of Palo Alto Networks solutions
- Excellent security architecture skills and awareness of cybersecurity principles such as zero trust networking, identity and access mgmt, SASE.
- Experience of main security frameworks and their implications in technical design (e.g. NIST, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, 10 steps)
- Very strong understanding of underlying security protocols (Authentication and encryption, 802.1x, SSL/TLS, IPSec)
- Other Security Vendors and Cloud Security models (Cisco, Fortinet, Azure)
- Security incident lifecycle experience: awareness of modern threat management, hunting and forensic techniques
- Palo Alto Accreditations
- DevSecOps experience
- Have a proven ability in solution development, being able to capture and quantify business requirements, translating these into effective technology solutions
- Accurately gauge the costs and benefits of solutions in line with business practicalities
- Be an expert in the given technologies, being able to match requirements to capabilities
- Show knowledge and experience of architecture and design frameworks
- Have extensive design experience and certification in Vendor and/or industry ratified solutions
- Be able to measure and present benefit realisation effectiveness of chosen solutions
- Show resilience and self-motivation with an ability to drive results
- Use own initiative and have a questioning approach
- Be accurate and detail orientated
- Manage own workload, prioritise and develop own deadlines
- Communicate fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Show a passion for resolving technical issues, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Collaboratively work to achieve results within agreed time-frames
- Demonstrate experience of building relationships and working effectively as a team member
How to apply
To apply email email@example.com with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes on to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Ideal employees. Ideal will not accept responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.