Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent company, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals. We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community. What you can expect from Us
- Training: Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- Location: Superb, open-plan, modern office, right next to Brighton station
- Work/Life Balance: 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunities
- Wellness: free fruit, weekly running club, office yoga, board-games… Plus more!
Working closely with a team of Solution Architects, this includes requirements gathering, project scoping, planning and implementation and support. Working as part of our Solutions team, the role is to act as a product champion for our portfolio and will help shape the onward direction of propositions at and be a key contributor to future pipeline growth. This is a growing area of our business and as such will provide challenge and demand flexibility while providing opportunities to go broad and deep into a growing solution set.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivery of projects including: Infrastructure builds, cloud migration, Microsoft 365 adoption. Adopting an effective overall approach to project, scoping, planning and implementation to ensure successful delivery to sales department and customers, including managing relationships with 3rd parties
- Supporting Managed Service offerings including Managed Data Centre, Managed Public Cloud, Cloud Cost Optimisation. Delivering excellent customer service, providing speedy resolution to escalation queries and carrying our consultative support
- Provide design and consultancy services for platform projects to Ideal’s customers, ensuring all work is scoped adequately to ensure profitability
- Consult with customers to determine technical requirements of projects to produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards, to include physical and logical designs and configurations
- Supporting the strategic direction of product sets and solution development. Identify, research, evaluate, recommend and develop new technologies
- Providing pre-sales support, development and presentation of proposals
- Staying abreast of industry trends and technology and ensuring you have sufficient technical knowledge to meet technical requirements, support the company’s accreditation requirements and share knowledge within the team across service delivery and transition
A good fit for this role will:
- Successfully complete projects within quality measures (time, cost, quality)
- Maintain/achieve certifications as required for company accreditations
- Ensure profitability and repeatability of solutions
Skills & Experience
- Accredited in major vendor program for Cloud and DC (Azure/AWS competency)
- At least 3 years’ experience of lead role in designing, implementing and supporting core DC infrastructure and applications (including cloud migration, core business application hosting, IaaS, PaaS solutions)
- In depth experience in DC environments. VMware, Compute, server, storage skills and experience.
- Good understanding of PowerShell and scripting languages.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft solutions (Exchange/Exchange online, Windows Server, Office/Microsoft 365)
- Good working knowledge and experience of cyber and cloud security principles and solutions
- Data Centre operation and automation experience
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience of architecture and design frameworks
- Results driven and ability to self-manage
- Questioning approach and use of own initiative
- Accurate and detail orientated with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise to meet key deadlines and work across the broader team
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deployment services environment.
- Passion for resolving technical issues, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve results within agreed time frames. Full UK driving licence
Key technologies & Vendors
- Microsoft: Azure, Windows, Active Directory
- Office 365 – Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online, Classification & Labelling
- Enterprise Mobility + Security – Azure Information Protection, Intune
- Federation/ SAML Authentication: Microsoft AD FS, Okta, Duo
- Cisco/HPE/Dell DC infrastructure
- VMware accreditation (VCP)
- Major Storage vendors (NetApp, EMC, Dell, HPE)
- Other scripting and dev experience, Ansible, Python.
- Linux experience
- MDM, VDI, end user compute experience
- Back up and DR experience
- Amazon Web Services
- Windows 10
- Infrastructure as Code – Terraform, ARM, Cloud Formation
How to apply
To apply email email@example.com with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.