Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent company, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals. We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community.
What you can expect from us:
- Training: Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- Working pattern: Flexible, office & home
- Location: Superb, open-plan, modern office, right next to Brighton station
- Work/Life Balance: 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunities
- Wellness & Wellbeing: We take our teams health seriously, activities, coaching, and socials are routine to us.
The Senior Security Support Engineer will play a key role in the Service Centre team, being a time served engineer who has extensive experience and who is a subject matter expert in this field. One who is able to deep dive in to resolving complex technical issues, work on managing, maintaining and bettering the Security Services we deliver and to work with peers to mentor and develop team skillsets.
Working closely with the delivery and solutions teams within the business, you will be involved in developing both tactical and strategic approaches to our Managed Service Customers. This is a growing area of our business and as such will provide challenge and demand flexibility while providing opportunities to go broad and deep into a growing solution set.
What you’ll be doing
- Complex Incident Resolution: Investigate and resolve complex technical issues on the customer’s Network and IT estates using agreed troubleshooting methodologies
- Problem Management: Working with vendors and customers to resolve problems or adopt an agreed workaround solution to customer’s issues
- Internal Project work: Supporting and taking ownership of ad-hoc projects to develop the capabilities within the Ideal Service Centre
- Knowledge Share & Team Mentoring: Supporting the wider team with knowledge share and personal mentoring, via knowledge base communications (emails, how-to guides etc.), 121’s and contribution at team meetings
- Lead Engineering Duties: Plan and execute in depth technical customer assessments including vulnerability, best practice and hardening leading to customer environmental stability and security. Consulting with customers to determine and produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards
- Tactical & Strategic Customer Planning: Developing and delivering tactical and strategic plans for the wider Managed Service Customer base. Working with the customer base to scope, plan and implement effective solutions to remain up to date in the market
- Supporting the strategic direction of product sets and solution development. Identify, research, evaluate, recommend and develop new technologies, Influencing the direction of activities/plans and providing technical insight and guidance to others
- Staying abreast of industry trends and technology and ensuring you have sufficient technical knowledge to meet technical requirements, support the company’s accreditation requirements and share knowledge within the team across Service delivery and transition
A good fit for this role will:
- Successfully deliver Services in line with the customer’s contractual obligations and, where possible, above and beyond customer expectations
- Maintain/achieve certifications as required for company accreditations
- Ensure the team remains abreast of technical innovations, industry standards and horizon events
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ senior role experience within an MSP environment supporting customer Security solutions
- Service Centre operational process, procedures and governance knowledge
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience of Routing & Switching & Security architecture and design frameworks
- Results driven and ability to self-manage
- Questioning approach and use of own initiative
- Accurate and detail orientated with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise to meet key deadlines and work across the broader team
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both a technical and non-technical audience