Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent SME, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals.
What you can expect from us
- Training: Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- Location: Superb, open plan office, right next to Brighton station
- Work/Life Balance: 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunties
- Wellness: free fruit, weekly running club, office yoga, board-games... Plus more!
What you'll be doing
- Planning and executing in-depth technical activities
- Influencing plans and providing technical insight and guidance
- Investigating and resolving issues for customers
- Ensuring all cases are recorded accurately and within the agreed timeframes
- Taking ownership of some ad-hoc projects and supporting on others
- Supporting the wider team with knowledge share
A good fit for this role will be
- A great problem solver
- Extremely self-motivated
- A brilliant communicator
- Adaptable and organised
- An excellent team player
Required skills and experience
- CCNP R&S Required
- In-depth experience and a strong track record of handling Incident, Problem and Service Request tickets to the highest quality
- Experience of using ticketing systems and use of monitoring and management tools
- Ability to deliver against deadlines and agreed targets
- Participation in the on-call rota
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of writing accurate technical documentation
- Full driving license
Optional (but useful) skills
- ITIL Qualification
Pride – We demonstrate commitment to quality, and an ability to anticipate, pre-empt, act and deliver, taking pride in seeing things through to completion.
Relationships – We strive to be a trusted partner for our customers, working collaboratively and with a ‘one-team’ approach. We maintain excellent relationships through showing integrity, recognising achievements and communicating effectively.
Ambition – We aim high. We constantly develop our skills and expertise for the benefit of our customers, and partner with vendors who share our ambition to be outstanding. We never accept the status quo, but constructively challenge so as to optimise the required business outcomes.
How to apply
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.