Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent SME, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals.
The Senior UC Engineer will play a key role in the design, configuration, implementation and support of UC solutions. This includes requirements gathering, project scoping, planning and implementation. The role is to act as a product champion for our UC portfolio and will help shape the onward direction of Solutions at Ideal by ensuring a strong and constantly developing range of profitable and repeatable solutions, and be a key contributor to future pipeline growth. As a senior member of our team, the role will be active in mentoring other staff; supporting customers; process improvement and other related duties as required.
What you can expect from us
- Training: Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- Location: Superb, open-plan, modern office, right next to Brighton station
- Work/Life Balance: 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunities
- Wellness: free fruit, weekly running club, office yoga, board-games… Plus more!
What you'll be doing
- Adopting an effective overall approach to project, scoping, planning and implementation to ensure successful delivery to sales department and customers, including managing relationships with 3rd parties
- Delivering excellent customer service, making sure our customers have confidence in our technical expertise
- Providing design, consultancy and implementation services for UC projects to Ideal’s customers, ensuring all work is scoped adequately to ensure profitability
- Consulting with customers to determine technical requirements of projects to produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards, to include physical and logical designs and configurations
- Installing, configuring and managing UC products
- Supporting the strategic direction of product sets and solution development. Identify, research, evaluate, recommend and develop new technologies
- Providing pre-sales support, development and presentation of proposals
- Resolving complex technical issues as third line point of escalation, delivering excellent customer service, liaising effectively with customers to determine positive solutions that increase end user satisfaction, responding with an appropriate sense of urgency to reported problems, managing customer expectations to keep them at a realistic level, following through to completion and communicating resolution results to end user and determining appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences
- Staying abreast of industry trends and technology and ensuring you have sufficient technical knowledge to meet technical requirements, support the company’s accreditation requirements and share knowledge within the team
- Working with scheduling team to plan, schedule and prioritise workload effectively and accurately report engineering activity
- Involvement in the out of hours support rota as second line cover to support the out of hours desk and first line on call
Key Technologies and Vendors
- Cisco UC suite (CUCM, UCCX, CUE, CUBE)
- Session Border Controllers and SIP experience (CUBE, Sonus/Ribbon)
- Microsoft Skype for business, Teams
- Working knowledge of Network and Security practical and technologies
A good fit for this role will
- Successfully complete projects within quality measures (time, cost, quality)
- Maintain/achieve certifications as required for company accreditation
- Accurately and completely record activity in the relevant platforms
- Ensure that escalation procedures, policies and working practices are adhered to
- CCNP Voice/Collaboration
- At least 5 years’ experience designing, implementing and supporting Cisco’s UC applications, including Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Contact Centre Express, Instant Messaging and Presence and Voice gateways
- Good understanding of the communications protocols such as H323 / SIP / MGCP / SCCP and Voice Gateways, Session Border Controllers.
- Good knowledge of cloud collaboration deployments, including but not exclusively Microsoft, BroadSoft
- Experience in supporting key network design attributes to support voice traffic, with strong working knowledge of network protocols and technologies
- Videoconferencing Experience
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience in integrating Cisco solutions with other 3rd party vendor products (ZOOM Redbox, Tiger, other 3rd party dashboard/reporting tools etc.)
- Experience in voice and network monitoring
- Proficient scripting ability in UCCX
- Show knowledge and experience of architecture and design frameworks
- Results driven and ability to self-manage.
- Questioning approach and use of own initiative.
- Accurate and detail orientated with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise to meet key deadlines and work across the broader team
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deployment services environment.
- Passion for resolving technical issues, and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve results within agreed time frames. Full UK driving licence
- Pride – We demonstrate commitment to quality, and an ability to anticipate, pre-empt, act and deliver, taking pride in seeing things through to completion.
- Relationships – We strive to be a trusted partner for our customers, working collaboratively and with a ‘one-team’ approach. We maintain excellent relationships through showing integrity, recognising achievements and communicating effectively.
- Ambition – We aim high. We constantly develop our skills and expertise for the benefit of our customers, and partner with vendors who share our ambition to be outstanding. We never accept the status quo, but constructively challenge so as to optimise the required business outcomes.
How to apply
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes on to email@example.com or to Ideal employees. Ideal will not accept responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.