Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent company, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees’ development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals. We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community.
What you can expect from us:
- Guaranteed investment in your personal and professional development, including 6 days paid study leave
- A flexible working pattern from both the home and Office
- We have a superb, open-plan, modern office, right next to Brighton station
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible working opportunities
- We take our teams health seriously, activities, coaching, and socials are routine to us.
The Service Centre Manager is responsible for ensuring all Managed Services targets are consistently achieved and maintained. You will co-ordinate and motivate the Service centre team and manage resourcing and staff recruitment. You will ensure that all key performance measures are met, the daily operational running of the Service Centre is resourced and high levels of communication within both the Service Centre team, the wider Ideal business and customer base is achieved.
The role is to provide leadership, technical & line management, to a variety of technical roles including support analysts, technical specialists and engineers. Ownership and delivery of related processes within agreed Quality Standards will be a key responsibility.
The Service Centre Manager will be expected to fulfil a technical hands-on as well as leadership role and to act as a customer champion, ensuring their team is a professional and integral part of Ideal, working to agreed standards, achieving required SLA performance, and delivering customer satisfaction.
The Service Centre Manager is a key member of the team to shape the onward direction of Ideal support offerings and also support future pipeline growth ensuring a strong and constantly developing support offering is aligned to current and future needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Heading up the support services team by leading by example, encouraging the behaviours associated with our company values, motivating the team, providing effective advice and guidance, ensuring successful dissemination of information, communication and delegating appropriately.
- Taking overall responsibility for line-managing the Support Services team, quality managing all technical and Service Centre outputs, ensuring we have sufficient technical knowledge to deliver excellent technical responses and customer service in line with industry best practices and agreed processes, making sure our customers have confidence in our technical expertise.
- Ensuring timely and appropriate technical input on customers incidents, problems, service and change requests.
- Effectively communicating and developing relationships with customers, responding with an appropriate urgency, managing customer expectations, determining positive solutions that increase end user satisfaction and articulating the value of the company.
- Managing and deliver the successful resolution of support tickets against SLA.
- Guaranteeing service reporting and customer documentation is produced in a timely manner, accurately, and to a high standard.
- Effective resource management of Service Centre and technical support staff, including out of hours shift work, on call support and in-hours resource management in agreement with the Service Operations Director.
- Building an appropriate resource plan and business case to support an increase in headcount.
- Ownership and continual service improvement of internal and customer facing processes
- Supporting the introduction of new products and the operational acceptance of customer projects into support with a robust but pragmatic approach to onboarding clients and technologies, advising on capacity to bring new customers into support services and the technical services offered.
- Managing the individual performance and development of all team members, setting expectation, bringing out the best in individuals, understanding the needs of differing personalities, knowing how to motivate, develop and maintain a high-performance team to ensure technical proficiency, good working practices and customer focus.
- Identifying and implementing appropriate training and development requirements to manage the career progression of each team member, regularly reviewing appraisal objectives and where necessary setting short term objectives and highlighting gaps in performance.
- Creating and populating the Service Centre knowledge framework to share knowledge and develop technical capability of team.
- As part of the Ideal team, helping to assure the required certifications, accreditation, compliance and quality requirements are met.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and technology advances to provide thought leadership to customer challenges, opportunities they present and associated support models
A good fit for this role will:
- Ensure that 99% of Incident, Service Request and Problem tickets meet customer SLA for Response and Resolution.
- Ensure (Net Promoter Score) NPS remains above 70 (World Class of Service)
- Help to ensure that Support customer satisfaction targets are met (Values taken from Ticket Reviews, CSaT calls and Customer Thermometer).
- Maintain records relating to Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change and Knowledge Management accurately, timely and to a high standard.
- Guarantee that the team meets targets for following of process.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to lead, manage and drive high performance in a specialist technical team.
- Proven operational delivery skills with extensive knowledge of Cisco, Palo Alto and Cloud technologies, supporting policy frameworks and network management toolsets.
- Project Management and ITIL qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring customer expectations are managed and exceeded with strong focus on high quality service performance within agreed timeframes.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels verbally and in writing.
- Resilience and ability to drive results.
- Questioning approach and use of own initiative.
- Accurate and detail orientated.
- Aptitude for managing own workload, prioritise meet key deadlines and work across the broader team.
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve results within agreed timeframes.
How to apply
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you’d love to work with us and why we’d love to work with you.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes on to email@example.com or to Ideal employees. Ideal will not accept responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.